Fever and cough with ESR level of 65

Hi my husband ESR is 65,he is having fever and cough last 3weeks pls tell why it is or it is the symptum of what? pls tel the diet?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Please get a chest x ray done and also if sputum comes , give it for testing.What are the other symptoms-fever? weight loss? etc,

General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
Welcome to healthcare magic.A raised ESR/erythrocyte sediment rate is a vague marker, which is raised in most of infections, in different types of vaculitis, arthritis.In your husbands case, it needs to be corelated well with a detailed history, as to what other problems he has, apart from fever and since when. So kindly keep us posted.