Fever after having TKR, redness on the back of leg and knee. Should I be worried ?

i had TKR on Feb. 6. I now have a fever of 100.1. I have redness on the back of my leg and redness on the knee . I called the surgeon and they had me go for a doppler today to rule out a blood clot. They told me to watch the redness for a couple of days. When they told me this, I did not have the fever. My surgeon did not ask to see me. Should I be worried about an infection? The redness is the same today as it was yesterday.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013