Fever. On nurofen. Having red cheeks and diarrhoea, nose blocked, drinking lots of fluid. Not cured

Hello, my 5 year old son has a temperature which i ve been treating with nurofen as per instructions on the bottle, his cheeks are red and he had a bout of diarohea yesterday evening. I m ensure he s eating little amounts often and drinking lots of fluid (water and milk) his nose is blocked and he s resting a lot, when he does get up from bed, I m ensuring he s cool and gets some fresh air in the garden, my initial reaction was it was just a cold . however, his urine is off colour and smells and his temperature is not returning to normal, this is his third day.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012