Fever. Achy, nauseous. Took zofran. Period shown back, heavier. Miscarried?

Three days ago went I to urgent care for a fever that wouldn't go away. I started my period a few days before this and my period disappeared around the time of the fever. I was achy, nauseous, kept losing my balance and had tonsillitis. Dr put me on z pack and zofran and now I'm slowly feeling better my period has shown back up heavier than ever. Most of it is bright red blood with more tissue than I recall seeing normally. The Dr was wondering if I were pregnant but due to my implanon implant disregarded it even tho it is almost time to replace it. Possibility I miscarried?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013