Fermur bones overlapped after accident. Metal rod inserted during operation. Numbness in groin area, temporary or permanent?

I broke my femur bone during a wake boarding accident in Fiji. I m back in Sydney now recovering from the operation. Before the operation my bones overlapped. I haven t yet seen the new xrays properly but I assume they are no longer overlapping and being supported by the metal rod the doctors inserted. They made 3 incisions.. 1 on my hip, 1 near my knee and 1 upper thigh. It s fine but for some reason my right groin area (from front to back) is numb. There s no sensation there at the moment. Please can you let me know if this is temporary or if this is something that could be permanent?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012