Felt something hit in the eye, hurts only on blinking causing sharp, stabbing pain, continuous watering. Relief measure?

I was sitting at my computer, and I felt something hit the right side of my right eye. I immediately tried to rinse it out thinking there was something stuck in it, but I cant see anything.It only hurts when I blink, but when I do it s a sharp stabbing pain in the right corner. Also my eye wont stop watering, and has turned completely red, and is very sensitive to light. What can I do to help the pain?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear shotgun ,Hi,You are hit by a foreign body or an insect in your eye.Even if you have washed your eyes some particle or exoskeleton of the insect must be there in your eye which is stuck onto your fornix which you are unable to see and is rubbing onto your eye while blinking.I advise you to go to an ophthalmologist who can do a slitlamp examination of your eye with eversion of lids too to and look out for any FB or exoskeleton of insect.If your eye keeps on hurting with a FB sensation while blinking definitely there is something.For now you can use an antibiotic drop 4 times a day and a lubricant 4times a day till you visit an ophthalmologist....TC..dr Ajay shankar Kar