Felt on top back of head, triangular dent appeared, pain

Two years ago, I felt around on the top back of my head. I found a huge, large dent that seemed to from a triangle. Recently, I feel as if the dent has grown. I ve had painful spots around my head when touched, and I m often tired. I was wondering why and how the dent appeared on my head, and if those are any symptoms. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
The dent and shape might be an incidental finding since it occured 2 years back,but the recent onset of pain has to be evaluated. Is it painful to touch? Or it simply pain? If its simply pains then the cause is a primary headache disorder and if the are is painful to touch then there might be some underlying pathology which has to be evaluated in both the cases. I would suggest not to delay in consulting a primary physician for the evaluation.
Please leave feedback if you find my explanation helpful.
Thanking you
Dr Samir