Felt like bubble popping in knee. Sharp pain, no swelling, full motion.

While giving my girlfriend a piggy back ride I tried to jump and I felt something like a bubble popping inside My knee . There is no swelling and I have full range of motion with it but it feels unstable and I am worried I am going to tear something so I really haven t done anything on it since. I have only experienced a sharp pain once which happen about an hour after the initial incident, which occurred when I took a clumsy step
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

The popping sound could be due to rubbing of the two ends of the bone and there could be a ligament injury which could have caused this.

I suggest you to immobilize the joint for a week with crepe bandage or a knee brace.This would suffice and taking pain killers when there is pain is all you need.

Wish you good health.