Felt hot and nauseated after a fall. Foot injured. Can I walk properly?

A few years back, I jumped to ground from approx. 4 feet up. When I landed I heard a severe snap or pop, loud enough to hear over a tractor running beside me. I instantly felt hot and nauseous. My right foot was noticeably pointing outward. I put weight on it and twisted till I felt it snap again. Swelling instantly. Had a solid black bruise from the outside of heel to base of pinky toe for weeks. No doctor, cast, or crutches. Hobbled till I could halfway walk again. Curious to know what I had done. Now its becoming difficult to walk correctly, progressively getting worse. What did I do and what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012