Felt dizzy, eyes went cross eyed, feel sick. What could have caused this ?

Same condition as this: Hi, Today i stood up and felt a little dizzy. My eyes went cross eyed and i couldnt control it. I put my hand over each eye which i could see out of both (if 1 was covered). It lasted for about 2-3 mins. I now feel sick and my eyes feel like they have a little pressure behind them. What could have caused this? It has never happened before. I ve had this for about two weeks. I was referred to an opthamologist, and hes scheduled an appointment ofr 4 week,so it must not be serious?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013