Felt a bone like figure in back of uterus, causes a lot of pain during sex. Suggestion?

Hi, I m a 24 years old female. For a while now I have felt a bone like figure in the back of my uterus . It almost feels like an extension of my spine of some sort. I go to a gynecologist every 9 months, and have gotten a few ultrasounds before. No doctor has ever mentioned anything about this bump, so I didn t think anything of it. (He just told me that I have a tilted, or backwards uterus... which alone is weird) But recently, during sex in specific positions, I feel that it causes a lot of pain. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013