Fell on to arm, not broken, no fracture,taken medicine, swelling. Reason?

I fell onto my arm off my skateboard two weeks ago. The next day I went to med express to see if I had fractured it. They told me that I had bursitis and gave me some medication to help the swelling go down. It has been two weeks and any extra movement still causes my arm to be incredibly sore. I know it isn t fractured or broken, But I don t understand why it would still hurt so badly after this amount of time. Could the bone be bruised?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012