Fell on the palm causing it swollen, black and blue, no relief with sufficient rest. Treatment advise?

hi im a 17 year old male ive been skateboarding for a time now usually when i fall i catch myself with my hand but this 1 time i fell and land on a rock at first the palm of my hand(section below the thumb ) was just black and blue but i kept falling on it and now its swollen, black and blue and hurts when i apply pressure ive had it 4 probably 3 weeks now and i stop skate for 1 of those weeks the swelling gone down but its still black and blue and hurts.could you please tell me how to treat it
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012