Fell on ice onto elbow. Have lump on elbow. Sore. Remedy?

Two months ago I fell on a patch of ice onto my left elbow. It was obviously bruied and painful for several week and now, 9 weeks later, there is a soft lump at the elbow on forearm side. This lump is about the size and shape of a large peanut with shell. Elbow is also still sore when i lean on that lump. Could I have damaged the elbow during the fall?
Asked On : Mon, 20 May 2013
Hello.
The soft lump on the side of the elbow 9 weeks after the fall is not worrisome if it is not painful. It is likely to be due to organization of local hematoma. Most of the such swellings do subside over months after hot fomentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal
drtayal72@gmail.com

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.