Fell on floor, inflamed and red elbow, swollen , white patch. Reason?

Hi, I fell on my tile floor about 2 weeks ago. The brunt of the fall was caught by my elbow. I really thought I did some serious damage to the bone because i couldn't flex it or straighten it for about 30. but the shock went away and the pain subsided following the full use of my elbow. About a week ago, I noticed that my elbow was inflamed and red. Then couple more days, I am seeing that it looks red and swollen but also a big white patch at the tip. Looks like a spider. I was hoping it was just fluid build up.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Based on the description of your symptoms, I suspect that you have developed infection in the elbow joint. The while patch could be collection of pus beneath the skin giving that appearance.

I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation and management.

There is no role for home remedies or self care measures.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day