Fell on chest, hurt rib cage, chest discomfort, soreness. Bone bruising?

Hi, just a minor thing i hope anyway. I fell over awkwardly and my chest met a flower pot [its a tough flower pot]. Well, the next day as this occured at night. My chest was in some discomfort, over the days it has got better i feel. Its been a week now and still it feels abit sore. Im thinking that as i and i am working on :) am not so muscular in the chest department. The fall would have led the pot edge to meet near enough my rib cage. Im thinking its brusing of the bone or something? Can u put my mind at ease at please doctor? I am going to the gym also [not with this mind but am wandering when i can go back again as i dont want to leave it to long between gym sessions.] I dont feel that i should go to the gym just yet with my chest abit sore. If i can add, last night when i was laying on my front it would feel very uncomfortable, hurting you could say so i laid on my side. I hope this will pass after a few more days. Can u give me any advice please, your opinion please Doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012