Fell on back, lumbar region, in pain. Why can I not sit or stand?

I slipped and fell straight on my back at work about 2 months ago...Im still in pain especially in my lower lumbar region ..I cant stand or sit for any length of time or twist and bend..I am concerned im still in pain after 2 months..I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and they did x-rays on my back, but were normal..They also put my head and neck area through some kind of machine not to sure what it was called...They are just calling it muscle spasms and strains ..Do u think it could be more severe?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012