Fell off stairs, painful lump on kneecap. Diagnosed bursitis or it is something else?

Hi. I am a 20 year old female, and a couple night ago, I fell off a stair onto my hands and knees on a hardwood floor. After a couple hours, I developed a painful lump below my kneecap. I went to urgent care and they said it was probably bursitis and it should take a few weeks to re-absorb into the body. My understanding was that it would be sore until then, but now I have no pain except in very rare positions. Does this mean it s something else or can it still be bursitis without pain? I am just a little worried because I also have underlying mixed connective tissue disease and I m wondering if this might be a symptom of that.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013