Fell from stairs. Sharp pain inside buttocks, unable to move. How to get relief from pain?

Hi, I fell on slippery stairs several days ago. Hurt like heck with sharp pain inside buttocks . After shaking it off we walked for 6 miles with only about 5 or 6 sharp pains in inner buttock. Bruising is only a small area on my lower back and a little painful if touched along the left side of back. No bruising on buttocks and no pressure pain even if I press into the area that the sharp pain emminates from. Problem is I cant reach or turn sharply with out sharp pain. Can t roll over in bed or sleep on injured side. Otherwise I can walk forever and no problems as long as I don t make quick moves. It is driving me nuts as I can t get in or out of car, or in or out of bed, or in or out of chairs without quick sharp pain. Thanks, Jane ( I just turned 58 and am fairly active) lots of walking outside and on treadmill.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013