Fell from stairs. No fractures but having pain in knee, cannot lift knee even after 40 days. Solution?

i fell down my stairs almost 40 days ago so in after this incident couldnt extend my leg and gave me lot of pain ...i went to A&E doctors said its no fracture in Xray and orthopedic appointment is taking too much time ... MRI is done by 7th jan 2013 dont know wat its will say but still i am having a pain on the left side of my left knee and some times its feel whole knee is paining ...few days i walked through crutches but now i can walk but can not lift my left knee properly i have to drag my left knee and when walk , bend or extend its giving me pain , i dont understand what is actually which still not become normal as its now more then 40 days on complete rest please recommond me wat to do and how will i get rid of this pain
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013