Fell from stairs. Having lump next to spine, tenderness. Internal damage?

I fell down a short staircase last night, landing on my back (onto an individual step). I have a lump to the right of my spine and very tender through my back and side and even around into the front of my lowe right hand side ( pelvis area). I am sure I have not broken any bones, but should I see a doctor to make sure I haven t sustained any internal damage?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Hi there,

Thanks for your query. Am sorry about the injury.

The lump is probably a contusion with or without some bleeding inside it.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE ABLE TO MOVE ALL LIMBS FULLY AND, HAVE NO FUNCTIONAL ABNORMALITIES, the chances of injury to spine or other nerves are ruled out. Also, chances of a serious internal damage are minimal.

A 5-7 days course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers, such as, a combination of ibuprofen + paracetamol + chlorzoxazone will cure the lump in 7-10 days.

However, as a precautionary measure, consult your doctor, who will examine you for possible spine/bony injury.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal