Fell down, puntured wound on shin on right leg, got bump. What should i do to make it go away?

In 2002 I fell down eight flights of bleachers. Did not notice until two weeks later that I had a puncture wound on my shin on my right leg. I noticed this when I woke up one morning and couldnt step down on that leg. I went to the ER, they did Xrays, they said it didnt hurt the bone at all. I was put on 8 weeks of antibiotics. This has never completely healed. I have a large bump on my shin about the size of an orange on my shin that stays open and seeping fluid. When I take it up with my primary doctor, he says it will eventually heal.
I feel it should have healed by now, for heaven sakes. It worries me and I dont know if there is anything that I could do to make it go away.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013