Fell down on leg, knee hurts, swollen knee. Treatment?

a couple of weeks ago I missed the last two steps on my stairs. I did not fall but came down hard on my left leg, since Sat. my knee hurts to bend or even touch, I m having a hard time putting weight on it and it feels like it needs to pop but is stuck in a catch. It has some swelling . I have been icing it for a couple of days now, but with no improvement. The pain keep getting worse. Is this something that I should go in about or continue to ride out at home? (I did injure this same knee when I was about 16, I m now 26, and had to go to pt for it (if I remember right I twisted it when I fell)
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012

You should consult an orthopedist immediately and do X-ray to evaluate the situation your knee is in.

Until you go to the appointment, you should keep your knee immobilized.

I recommend my patients to apply chopped onion with salt, wrapped in a smooth tissue and put it directly to the affected area (swollen).

Hope it helped!

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.