Fell down from steps backwards with head face up. Received epidural steroid injection. MRI showed protrusion in nerve root. Opinion required

i fell down a flight of steps backwards head first face up about 6 wks ago i couldnt even walk was in hospital bed for a week then rehab hospital for 1 wk then sent home with family and assisted devices to help me with home therapy. I received and epidural steroid injection bilaterally at l4 and l5. My mri showed L2-L3 right far lateral protusion with moderate displaced L2 nerve root . L3-L4 left far lateral protusion. L4-L5 midline annular tear, midline disc protusion with loss of signal intensity but normal maintenance heights. The injection didnt seem to help still have pain in lower back (spine area radiates to left hip and left leg,numbness,stabbing.burning and still cant sleep on my left side. I can only sleep on my right side with long pillow between my knees, lidoderm patch on back and left hip with ice and take a 5 mg valium to help calm me to sleep.Not sure to have another injection or the orthopaedic surgeon is stating to make a small incision and move nerve away from disc. What is your opinion
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012