Fell down from stair, unconscious. Feeding hygiene?

I want to take care my mother is in hospital, she is unconscious, fell down from stair, do I have to apply for take care her like feeding hygiene . . .?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Dear Friend.

Sorry to hear about the incident.

If she is in hospital, the nursing staff must be taking care of her hygiene and doctors about her feeding.

For you, i can suggest you to take care to avoid development of bed sores. For that you can change her position every 2 hourly. Ask hospital to provide her air mattress. Do oral cleaning regularly.
Check daily if she has developed any bed sore specially on the dependent areas like back, sacrum, elbows. Inform staff if you find anthing.
I wish she gets well soon.

Dr Anshul, M.D.