Fell down flat on face. Got bruise on nose, chin and knee. Hurts to bend leg. How to get relief?

I am 68 year old female. I fell about 5 days ago, flat on my face. I don t know why I didn t put my hands out to catch my fall. It just happened so quickly. along with bruising my nose and chin I got a huge bruise on my knee . For the first few days nothing hurt but then along the side of my calf started to swell and was tender to the touch. There was no bruise there. The swelling takes up an area about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide, right below the knee on the side. It hurts too when I bend my leg. There is no cuts or bruises in that area. I can t imagine what I did to it. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013