Fell down concrete stairs, inflammation in lower hip. What is wrong?

I’m 74 yrs old and fell down a rainy set of outdoor concrete set of stairs. I was taken to e.r. due to a large inflammation on left lower hip (buttock area), the size of a cantaloupe. E.R. staff were amazed at the size...e.x.rays were taken, but no fractures were found. I was advised to check with my family physician. Tried, but due to holidays, my M.D. was on vacation. The hematoma has gone down, but still feels solid, warm, sore, and not as large. Should I go back to e.r.?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013