Fell down. Feels bruised kidney and hurting rib. What is causing this feeling?

I fell down a couple of steps and it felt like I bruised my right kidney . I has been two days and now it feels like I hurt a rib (or something) on my back/side area near the right kidney. It hurrts more to move, drive,. get in and out the bed and get up and down in a bed than it did the first two days. What could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think that you have hit your kidney. Do not be worried. It is more like a pulled muscle or a rib injury.. Kidney injuries are not common after fall. And you do not feel pain like you are saying.
I would suggest you to take myoril and brufen. Also hot water fomentation, diclofenac ointment.