Fell and hit head. Lump above eye. Eye swollen, turning black. Dizziness. See the doctor?

3 days ago I fell down the stairs and banged the front of my head. I was taken to hospital and examined and then told to go home and rest. I had a lump on my head just above my eye. Yesterday I woke up to my eye swollen and now is turning black. I keep having dizzy spells when I try to lie down or put my head back, it doesn t last very long but because I am anxious it is getting worse, should I return to the hosptial? I do not have any money to pay for the answer.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that you have a black eye, and every balck eye, especially if it is accompanied with dizzy spells should be CT scanned. Some base of the skull trauma can lead to black eye and needs to be ruled out. There is nothing wrong in being extra conscious. No need to blame it on your anxiety.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.