Fell and fractured navicular, swelling after cast. Screw, recast or re splint?

I broke my navicular in my hand 10 years ago. Super Bowl Sunday morning, I fell stepping down into 3 seasons room and broke my navicular again. I have been casted since. The doc rex-rayed Friday and the fracture was more evident. They want to rexray on April 5 and decide whether to put a screw, recast or resplint. When the cast was taken off, around my thumb was still very swollen. Should I just ask to have the screw put in or be patient?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013