Feels uncomfortable like heart beat at bottom of rib cage to the top. What could be this?

Hi I m worried because this been going on for like a week an it never happened I hate the feeling its uncomfortable to me it feels like a heart beat at the bottom of NY left rib cage an then it moves to the top of my Nabokov an stays for at least a hour n a half but when I eat n drink something it stays for like 10 more mind then goes away completely then come. Back n the morning I don t like the feeling what could it be....
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Undue awareness of the heart beat is called palpitation. It does not usually mean there is a problem with the heart and since this has only been there a short time it is likely just to go away. Where it is felt in the chest is of no great meaning. The most likely is ectopic beats. These are extra beats which reset the heart rhythm and feel like a missed beat or thump. It is more noticeable at rest than during activity. Or it oculd be sinus tachycardia, an acceleration of the normal heart beat often related to stress. You need to see a cardiologist who will ask exactly what the beat feels like and may well recomend an EKG monitor (Holter) which you can have with you for 24 hours or more if needed to check the heart rhythm during this. Most likely it will not turn out to be serious but it should be checked out. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and smoking if possible.