Feels like something is in throat, reddish growth on tonsil. What may be this ?

Hi there. I Have been feeling like something is in my throat , my tonsil to be specific, At first i thought it was tonsil stones, because i could see tonsil stones on my tonsil (and i have had tonsil stones in the past before), anyways i dislodged them with a waterpik last night and my throat did feel slightly better, but i still felt mostly the same. I then looked again at my tonsil, and noticed a rather large reddish growth type thing on my tonsil, and i think that may be what is causing my discomfort, i think i may have some sort of infection or something on my tonsil, and i think that s even the reason i had tonsil stones back there because of bacteria build up from an infection perhaps, maybe the large reddish growth that is attached to the tonsil is what is irritating me, can you help give any idea as to what this may be?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012