Feels like sharp glass is in it, very sensitive to light, red and bruised. Have contacts. What's the problem ?

I m wondering what happened to my left feels like sharp glass is in it, very sensitive to light (waters immediately when in sunlight), is red and feels bruised. I ve had my contacts in only 1 month (which is about the max!) I didn t put my contacts in today to give my eyes a rest. What could be the problem? My friend was going to give me drops that were prescribed to her after her cataract surgery (she s only 40) and I m 47.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013