Feels heat while sitting. Cause and treatment?

my 79 year old mother is complaining that every chair she sits on or couch that the furniture is heating up, she has made excuses like there must be a heater vent onder the chair or her lift chair is overheating, she even unplugged it. none of the furniture is hot to touch. what could be wrong within her body to make her think that?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns]

I went through your problem description. I suggest you not to worry too much. Your mother is already 79 and must be under some sort of treatment. Normally people of old age do have some sort of delusions which comes out of the anxiety feeling. Happens when they see the reality.

I sincerely think that your mother is going through such a period. From my experience, I can advice you to ignore it. If you start advising your mother, it is of no use. The advises goes to dumb years, because she is preoccupied. Therefore, leave it to her wisdom. Just assist her.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.