Feels hard and loud heartbeat, having balanced diet and exercising regularly. Is this normal?

sometime when i try and get to sleep it feels like my heart is beating like 0000 times a minute it beats really loud and hard and scares me ... is this normal ... i think the fact that it scares me makes it last longer and makes me very anxious . what could this be and is it common in young females .... im 22 years of age i have no health problems (that i know of) im very active i exercise almost every day and i eat a balanced diet . (most of the time when i have time to eat haha ) can u give me some advice?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012