Feels dizzy, nausea, swollen cheek due to hit

Today when I woke up I felt extremely dizzy, especially when I turned over etc. It kept going away then coming back again, but it was almost as though the room was twisting and turning and I began to feel nauseous every time it happened. I thought it had gone away after a while but this morning as I bent over towards the left it happened again. I was punched yesterday on the right side of my face, both below and above my eye socket. It hasn t become a black eye but is still a little bit swollen; do you think that this could have caused my dizziness?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

You getting hit on your cheek can have an effect on the inner ear. There are fine hair like structures in the vestibular system of the inner ear. This organ helps in maintaining balance. Following injury to the face the hair cells can get disturbed and cause dizziness and nausea. that is what you might be consult a doctor if it persists or goes severe.

hope this helps