Feeling weakness on the knee after an injury. No pain. What to do?

Today in a football game I hit with another player knee to knee. He was running at full speed and I was defending while standing. I felt a great deal of pain at first. I didn t continue after this. After the match I felt that there was no pain at all but my knee was feeling very weak. It feels like if I step on it and lift the other leg, it will break from the knee. I applied ice to it. What can I do for it? It s definitely not broken or anything, no pain at all but it feels very very weak. Thanks. I m worried because in 3 days I have a quarter final game.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

The hit on the knee could have contused the bones or could have stretched the ligaments beyond its elasticity.

Applying the Crepe bandage around the knee for 2 weeks will surely help by immobilizing and allowing it to heal.

Wish you good health.