Feeling weakness in the hands, pain in the joints. Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Symptoms persisting after medication. Why?

Hi I am 41 years old woman, and I am Asian. In around June 2013, I noticed that I had weakness in my two hand when I woke up in the morning. When I started to squeeze my hand, I noticed that all joints of my fingers had most pain. The weakness would stay for an hour after I got up from the bed, and I felt normal during the day. This happened for over 3 weeks until I decided to see a doctor. I saw rheumatologist and performed blood test . The result did not show any problem about rheumatism . Finally, I went back to see family doctor to perform thyroid blood test, and I was diagnosed as having hyperthyroidism . I was under the medication for around 5 months, and then my thyroid hormone is in the normal range for 3 months until now. However, since the first day until today which is 8 months already, my weakness in my hands when I wake up in the morning has not been changed. Some days, I have more weakness and pain. Is my weakness and pain related to hyperthyroidism? If it is, why do I still have this problem when my thyroid is under controlled and being in normal range?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013