Feeling weak, spotting heavily. On mercilon pill. Taking iron tablets for anemia. Reason for spotting?

I am a 21 yearold woman. just over 5 7 and weigh around 11 stone . I have been feeling very weak recently and also have been spotting heavily over the past week. I am on the Mercilon Pill . I had been diagnoised with anemia last year and took iron tablets which was proved to help my blood get back to what it should be. What could this be? I am mainly worried about the spotting. As I only started spotting this year and have been on the pill for 2 and a half years.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013