Feeling weak, cold feet during menstruation. Is it due to low iron?

for the last 4 months around 1 days after my menustration, i get so weak i feel like i am going to pass out. I get an icy cold feeling from my feet up, hits the back of my head and i have no feelig in both my arms and i can t stay co-herent. Is this low iron? Afer 3 days of enduring this i go back to normal and its always after my perods. What is wrong with me
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Hello, well from the history you have given, some women do experience weakness once menustration starts....These are due to hormonal changes occurring in the body....Anaemia usually occurs if you have mennorhagia (bleeding for more than the usual days or profuse bleeding).....And you said you recover by 3rd day
..Usually in anaemia the weakness still continous..But it is always better to have a check up by your gynaecologist and to do a haemoglobin estimation and if required a thyroid profile just to rule out in case there is any underlying payhology. ...hope i was helpful to you. ...