Feeling unhappy, anxious, failed exam, no energy to revise. May have depression

I think I may have depression or some sort of anxiety problem. I m not sure if what I m feeling is severe enough to fit into either definition but I know that I ve been pretty unhappy for quite some time and I need to do something about it. I ve always been pretty unmotivated when it comes to studying, at the moment I m at uni and I have to retake an exam I failed simply because I didn t feel like I had the energy to revise. I ve always been a bit anxious over trivial things that others seem to have no problem with, like going to work and presenting something in front of the class. My anxieties really hold me back and I feel like I can t do anything worthwhile whilst I feel this nervous. Most days I just feel down and find it difficult to keep going. Every day I try to meet up with a friend and spend as much time as possible with them so that I can distract myself, if I m alone for too long I just feel down in no time. No one else really knows the extent of my problem. Recently I got very close to someone and started a new relationship only for it to fail within the first week, so that s definitely contributed, but I feel it goes way beyond that because I ve been feeling pretty down all year. I don t want to rely on drugs particularly to get me through this, but as a student I d find it difficult to pay for therapy . I m stuck, and could do with some advice!
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012