Feeling tired. Prescribed Phisiotens for high BP. Will I have to take medicine long-term?

Hi, I have been feeling tired and unwell for week s. Went to Dr, and my blood pressure was 179 over 110. I went and had a or blood test and ecg , the result s came back good. The Dr gave me tablet s called phisiotens and when I went back three day s later, my bp was the same. He then put me on Noten, which within a day I felt better and had energy. will go back this week to have bp checked. He told me that bp has no symptom s but I was tired fatigued had no appetite and my heart was racing. Will I have to take medication for the rest of my life? High bp run s in the family but am only 41.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013