Feeling strain while talking. Should I take medication?

I wonder if actually works, Greetings Doctor. I don t know what conditon I have. I am a voice student. For the past 6 months, my voice doesn t feel the same. I HAVE NO PAIN ON MY VOCAL CHORDS. I can t phonate much. When I speak it get s tired quickly. When I sing it feels not easy! I am bit scared. My voice is my gift and It is my profession! What do I do? What medicine do I take?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding feeling of strain while talking nd you does feel tiredness during singing.

Considering your symptoms it appears most likely you are suffering from VOCAL CORD THCKENING. and to treat it you should do-

(b) Don't speak loudly and try to be silent.

(c) Steam inhalation.

(d) Speach therapy.

I hope this will help you.