Feeling sore around vaginal area after unprotected sex and noticed white discharge. Worried for herpes

Hi after me and my husband had unprotected sex I was sore on the upper thigh close to the vagina area. Our skin was rubbing together so i assumed it was the cause of it. After we had sex again it noticed a single red bump occured and that it hurt wen i touched it. I also noticed I had a milky white discharge .After a day or two i noticed the red bump became little sore and both sides of my thighs. they are flat and if i move my skin i can see the sore have a shinny reflextion making it look like they are leeking a little fluid. I went to the doctor she told me is was vulvavaginitis and has me put miconazole nitrate cream on it. it seemed to be healing but now seven days later i can see the sores r still there. Do u know wat it can be? can it be herpes?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013