Feeling short of breath and palpitation after having alcohol. Suffer from anxiety. Is that the reason?

Last nite it was late I had pizza after that I felt my heart pounding and some kind wierd sensation like almost short of breath and now I finished eating again now it happened but both days I was drinking some alcohol so I m confused and im healthy but I dealt wit anxitey too the last two years now better but its triggering it again I feel ..what s going on
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

The symptoms described by you are indicative of "panic attacks" which consists of intense anxiety attacks associated with impending doom. It can be triggered by various factors. In such cases the mainstay of treatment include drugs like SSRIs along with behaviour therapy and relaxation exercises. Consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management.
However, visit to a general physician is required to rule out any medical/allergic phenomenon.

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist