Feeling short of breath, advised Predinsolone. What's going on ?

Thanks so much for helping thousand of people to live healthy. However,i find myself in a situation which i found difficult to understand. Am 39years old man. In my days in the college,i used to be the best in most of the races run as a sport man and my name was change to AAAAA.Meaning never get Tired. But now i discovered that if i involve myself in any activities related to such which i used to do in early age,my breathe change.That i won t be able to breathe well again.At times,i stay outside for 40mitune,trying to get breeze so that i can breathe well. Doctor,i was told to use Predinsolone drug.Also,i never have or be an asthma or any criss of such before this period that notice that. Pls,advice me on what am going through now so that i can live a normal life with my breathe come back to normal even when i do any activity
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012