Feeling pressure in the chest and shoulder before periods. Causes?

Hello Doctor, when i was sleeping last night( on facing my left side)I felt as if some one pushing my right shoulder (rather a pressure)and putting on wight or pressure on my breast , i immediately woke up and I was scared. After sometime I changed my position and tried to sleep again and then there was a pain on one side of my breast which was a sudden placement. still I have this. what is the reason? is it serious, and I may get my menstrual period any time now( I have experienced the pain earler during my periods and it goes off after i get my periods, I do not get it for more than 15 yrs now and i felt the pain was different) can you pls explain the cause? Thank you so much, Jai
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
hello, pain in the breast during or before periods, is normal. It is a hormonal problem. It can continue till menopause. Take primrose oil capsules thrice a day for the discomfort. If it remains even after taking the capsules, then see a surgeon to rule out any lumps. Apply hot fomentation.