Feeling of water trapped in ear, slight hearing impairment after holding the nose and blowing it. Help?

About four weeks ago my ear began to feel as though it had water in it. I am in the pool at up to 2 times a week so, I assumed this was pool water that was trapped. When I lay on my side, I could feel the water move and seemingly try to get out, but it remained trapped. Following a suggestion for this on an Internet discussion, I held my nose and blew it to try to unblock. Now I am left with what feels slight hearing imperfection in said ear. The sensation of water is less pronounced, yet still present. It is annoying and i would like to return to regular hearing. Can anyone please help???
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013