Feeling of stitches inside vagina after childbirth. How do I confirm its presence?

Hi... i gave birth 5 weeks ago and had a seriously big cut to enable the vacuum to be used to help me give birth to my son... the problem is that the stitches didn t dissolve and my midwife had to cut the out. They had serious knots in them, so no wonder it hurt! Since then, despite the midwife saying the stitches had gone, i found one on the toilet tissue when i went to wee... and it feels like an inside one is still there. So my question is how do i confirm if a stitch is still inside me? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012