Feeling of something moving in throat. Cause?

i feel like something is moving in my throat. It's been that way for about 6 months. It comes and go. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it is not. I live in Nigeria and my doctor once told me that it is some sort of worm so I was given medication for de-worming, about 3 different times but it has not worked. I was told that some worm move up towards the throat and may be causing that. It does not affecting my swallowing whenever it's there, but it is very irritating. I'm wondering what I can do. What kind of test. Is this something to worry about? Is there something like lifestyle (eating habit etc) that I need to change to prevent this from happening. Thanks for your time and response
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
something moving down sensation in throat might be due to defect in oesophageal motility or reflux disease.
1 drink plenty of water
2 avoid coffee and tea
3 avoid spicy foods, and late night foods
4 take tab pantoprazole 2o mg twice daily before meals
these changes will decrease your symptoms.
even after this symptoms does not subside further investigation like endoscopy might be needed.
hope this will help you
regards